The Saxophone Method – From best selling author, John O’Neill
The Saxophone Method is a complete course for the beginner to intermediate saxophonist. Start by mastering the essential foundation techniques of breathing, embouchure, tone production, and tonguing required to be a great player in any style. With a wide range of tunes from all over the world you will be exposed to a great variety of musical styles to motivate and inspire.
The mp3 backing tracks, available as free downloads, feature top professional musicians and will give you the feeling of playing in a great band from the very beginning.
mp3 backing and performace tracks are available from our partners,
The Saxophone Method is comprised of two Method books, supplemented by two Repertoire Books which give you even more music to practice and enjoy.
For an idea of the level of these books, by the end of the Method Book 1 you will be able to:
- understand the fundamentals of good playing technique
- have explored the full range of the instrument
- be familiar with the most common rhythms
- have a solid grounding in music theory
- have the confidence to play with a real band in many different styles