• Variety of Russian and Ukrainian folk styles covered
• Includes short history of Russian music
• Recordings of all tunes on the accompanying CD
• Grades 3 to 8 (intermediate to advanced)
Following on from earlier successful piano titles in the Schott World Music series (Argentinian Tango and Folk Tunes for Piano; Klezmer Piano Collection) Julian Rowlands now presents a collection of 25 Russian folk tunes in imaginative arrangements for solo piano.
The collection includes notes on the history of Russian folk music, as well as a CD recording of all pieces. German and French translations of all texts are available as free PDF downloads.
Suitable for players of grades 3-8.
• Ah, You, Wide Steppe
• Along the Peterskaya Road
• At the Gates
• Chubchik Kutcheravy (Curly Forelock)
• Kai Yo Bergi? (Where are the Mountains?)
• Kalinka (The Snowball Tree)
• Ochi Chyornye (Dark Eyes)
• Song of the Volga Boatmen
• Yablochko (Little Apple)