50 Little Piano Pieces
• Progressive series of piano pieces
• Very easy to intermediate level
• Covers a variety of styles from classical through to jazz and pop
The three-volume collection Mini Maestro presents little piano pieces advancing progressively from very easy to intermediate level, presented in chronological order across five centuries from the Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Modern eras through to jazz, pop and minimal music.
At the end of each volume there are three additional pieces for piano duet.
All the pieces are easy to learn and offer varied repertoire as an ideal supplement to any piano tutorial method with music suitable for concert performance, tuition purposes, examinations and competitions.
For 1 Piano, 4 Hands
• Piano arrangement of John Adams’ 1986 orchestral work
• Advanced level
• Arrangement by composer and pianist Preben Antonsen
Written in 1986, John Adams’ Short Ride in a Fast Machine was written as a fanfare for orchestra, and built upon his already prevalent postminimal style developed in such works as Phyrigian Gates, Shaker Loops, and Nixon in China.
This transcription, dedicated to and recorded by Christina & Michelle Naughton, reveals the additional rhythmic and tonal aspects of this master work sometimes lost in its original orchestration and is deserving of a prominent place in the four-hand piano repertoire.
Ludwig van Beethoven
• All of Beethoven’s symphonies attractively presented in one series
• Audio CD included for each symphony
• Each volume includes additional historical and contextual information
Just in time for Beethoven’s 250th anniversary, here are his 9 symphonies in the EULENBURG AUDIO+SCORE series, presented in a slipcase and at a special price.
Each volume of this contains a score in excellent print and a CD with the complete recording.
In addition, all editions contain an informative preface on biographical and artistic backgrounds of the symphonies.
12 Easy Pieces for 4 Violins
• Well-known pieces from the Baroque to the Romantic era
• Suitable for beginners
• Encourages the joy of making music together
Classical Music for Children contains well-known classical melodies in easy arrangements that are ideally suited for joyful music-making in a group. The arrangements allow students of different performance levels to make music together.
Most pieces and parts can be played in the first position. The third and fourth parts can also be played with viola or cello.
Transcription for Piano Solo
• Piano transcription of Richard Strauss’ late masterpiece, Metamorphosen
• Advanced level
• Transcription by composer and author Gustave Samazeuilh
Discovered in 1990, Strauss’ short score of Metamorphosen was originally conceived for seven strings. He however changed his mind when he received a composition commission for a 23-piece string section from the Paul Sacher Foundation.
This transcription by Gustave Samazeuilh (1877–1967) is dedicated to Dr Ernst Roth, music editor at Boosey & Hawkes, and was approved by Strauss himself.
The manuscript came to light a few years ago during relocation of archived materials at Boosey & Hawkes. A pupil of d’Indy and Dukas, Samazeuilh was a life-long friend and supporter of Strauss and made many piano transcriptions of his orchestral works.
Songs of Mercy and Redemption
• New large work for mixed choir in 13 movements
• For intermediate to advanced singers
• Piano reduction for Decca CD (481 8580)
Miserere: Songs of Mercy and Redemption is a sequence of reflections on the theme of mercy, in response to the recent and ongoing tragic conflicts in the Middle East and other regions.
Woven around verses selected from Psalm 51, the inspiration for composers from Allegri to Pärt, the work features an eclectic range of settings of Rumi, St Thomas Aquinas, Isaac Watts, Carol Barratt and Dylan Thomas.
Scored for countertenor (or mezzo-soprano), solo cello, mixed chorus, strings, harp and percussion, Miserere: Songs of Mercy and Redemption is a profound meditation on humanity and atonement, from the composer of The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace, Requiem, The Peacemakers and Stabat Mater.
A Practical Approach
- In-depth analysis of Jazz and Pop songs
- Includes examples, exercises and assignments
- Downloadable MP3 play-along tracks and online material
- For intermediate to advanced players
This book aims to establish as close a relationship as possible between theory, the ear and the instrument. Jazz Harmony- Think, Listen, Play is a comprehensive approach to improvisation, translating knowledge into sound and developing the musical imagination. Its aim is to provide a rewarding journey whilst helping the player find their ‘inner voice’.
- Complete repertoire resource for grades 1 to 5
- Diverse collection of pieces with practice and performance tips
- Includes numerous grade-appropriate exercises and audio demonstrations
- Piano accompaniment included
This series draws on the rich and varied Boosey & Hawkes catalogue of classical, contemporary and educational repertoire, for the aspiring Grade 1 to 5 double bassists.
Each volume contains grade-appropriate scales and arpeggios, sight-reading and improvisation activities, as well as aural awareness tasks.
Grade by Grade is ideal for teaching, exam preparation and performance.
30 Famous Pieces for Piano
- 30 well-known pieces for piano
- Easy to intermediate level
- Includes practical performance notes
To celebrate Beethoven’s 250th Birthday, Schott Music presents a new collection of his most popular works for piano.
Heumann has compiled 30 original works and arrangements, including “Für Elise”, “Moonlight Sonata”, and “Ode to Joy”, all in one volume.
Complete with fingerings, tempo suggestions, and an easy-to-read layout, this collection is ideal for both teaching and playing for fun.
- Contains 6 movements about love and loss
- Easy to intermediate level
- Written in memory of Will Todd’s mother
- Optional jazz trio accompaniment available
Although not a conventional Requiem, Todd’s six-movement work about love and loss might be appropriate in a memorial context, but should by no means be confined to it.
It can also be seen as ‘life-affirming’ work, characterised by Todd’s recognisable jazz-infused
harmonic language, memorable melodies, and powerful and personal texts.
Songs of Peace may be performed complete or as separate movements, two of which are scored for upper voices.
It includes a piano accompaniment with optional bass and drums.